Thursday, July 16, 2009

I still can't believe she's gone.....

Tomorrow, July 17th, marks the one year anniversary of when my mother went to heaven. Its still so hard for me to believe she is actually gone. I still find myself picking up the phone occasionally to call her, or driving by her old house and think I should stop by.
Not a day goes by that I don't wish she were here to see her beautiful grandchildren as they continue to grow. Especially little Kaylee who was so young when she passed. I have a mix of sadness and relief as I miss her so much, but am glad that she is no longer in a place of suffering.
I still think about her everyday, and glance at the picture of her that sits beside my bed each night before I go to sleep. I still tell the kids stories about her, and try to keep her fresh in their little memories as well.
Yet, nothing that you do can replace that emptiness inside your chest...the longing to hear her laugh, to see her smile. I look forward to the nights that my dreams are filled with her, and if even for a minute we are together again.
I miss you mom, more and more with each passing day!
I wanted to commemarate this day by doing something...Im not really a cemetary person, or someone who wants to cry over home movies all day. I wanted to do something that could remind me forever, not just on these anniversaries. So in memory of my mom, I have created a website. http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/donnaharris/homepage.aspx
It is just the beginning, and I hope that all of you who loved her or knew her, or even those of you who just know of her through me, will visit this site. I want as many people as possible to know who she was, and to remember her.
So please feel free to visit the site, and leave a message in the guest book, share stories about her, or pictures from the past.
As always, I appreciate your love and support....

2 comments:

KB said...

Thinking of you Laura...really nice website honoring your Mom's life. I will pray for peace and strength for tomorrow's anniversary and the days that follow...Love ya...

mcmcolospgs said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you today, my beautiful friend! What a touching tribute to your mom. I am sure she is looking down on you with such pride.

Lots of love,
M